The Plainsboro Township Police Department offers the following tips to insure a safe Halloween.
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective.
- Secure emergency identification within Halloween attire.
- Mask can limit eyesight, consider non-toxic and hypoallergenic makeup.
- Purchase only flame resistant costumes, etc.
- Think twice before using simulated knives, guns or swords.
- Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
- Do not use candles.
- Plan and review with your children the route and behavior which is acceptable to you.
- Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should examine all treats.
- Throw away any spoiled and unwrapped items.
- Report all suspicious items to the police.