Filing a Complaint

Criminal and traffic complaints can be filed at the Violations Bureau Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM-3:30 PM.

When filing a complaint you must know the person’s name and address for who you are filing a complaint against and what offense you want to charge them with.  You are required to appear at all stages of the court procedures and if you request for the complaint to be dismissed in court.  There is no fee for filing a complaint. * Complaints cannot be filed online, they must be filed in person at the court office to sign all documentation. 

Civil and Small claims complaints are not handled in Municipal Court. Civil and Small claim complaints can be filed in Middlesex County Superior Court. If you would like additional information please contact Superior Court at 732-645-4300.