Are you getting unsolicited telephone marketing calls? The Federal Communication Commission (FCC), under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act has established a way of helping consumers stop unwanted calls to home voice or personal wireless numbers.
Sign on to the national Do Not Call list and register your numbers by phone or on the Internet at no cost.
• To register via the Internet, go to www.donotcall.gov
• To register by phone, call 1-888-382-1222 (voice) or 1-866-290-4236 (TTY). You must call from the phone number you wish to register.
Callers are prohibited from making telephone solicitations to any numbers on the Do Not Call list. Your numbers will remain on the list until you remove them or discontinue service – there is no need to re-register numbers. Telemarketers must remove your numbers from their call lists and stop calling you within 31 days from the date you register.
If calls continue and you need to file a complaint, you have multiple options for filing complaint with the FCC:
• File your complaint online
• By phone: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322); TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322); ASL Videophone: 1-844-432-2275
• By mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20554