Plainsboro is minutes from the New Jersey Turnpike (Exit 8A) and along Amtrak’s and NJ Transit’s Northeast Corridor providing access to metropolitan areas throughout the Mid Atlantic and Northeast regions. Private bus shuttles provide regular weekday service into Manhattan. NJ Transit bus service and Middlesex County bus shuttles connect Plainsboro residents to the Princeton Junction train station, downtown Princeton and Trenton and other locations along the Route One Corridor. Both Newark Liberty International Airport and Philadelphia International Airport are less than an hour away.
Amtrak - Northeast Regional
With service to Princeton Junction, Trenton and Metro Park, Amtrak’s Northeast Regional Line runs between Boston, Massachusetts to Lynchburg, Virginia, and serves major cities such as Providence, New Haven, New York, Newark, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Richmond and others. Locally, Amtrak serves Princeton Junction.
New Jersey Transit - Northeast Corridor
With service to Princeton Junction, New Jersey Transit’s Northeast Corridor lines runs from Trenton to New York City (Penn Station) and has stops at 17 locations including Newark/Liberty International Airport, Newark and New Brunswick. The Northeast Corridor line also provides connecting service to SEPTA (Philadelphia) New Jersey Transit’s River Line (Camden) and downtown Princeton (Dinky).
New Jersey Transit
- No. 600 - Plainsboro to Trenton round-trip bus service
- Areas served include Plainsboro Municipal complex, Princeton Forrestal Village, Forrestal Center, Hospital and Merwick Rehabilitation Facility, Princeton Junction Rail Station, Princeton Market Fair, Quaker Bridge Mall, and State Street in Trenton.
- Tiger Transit service is funded by Princeton University; the Forrestal/PPPL Line operates between stops at the University and the Forrestal Campus, Princeton Plasma Physics Lab (PPPL), and Millstone (Lakeview Terrace) apartments
- Service is free and is open to the general public
- Coach USA is also known as Academy or Suburban Transit
- Operates Two different services to NYC - Port Authority and Wall Street
- Stops in Plainsboro for the Port Authority (Mid-town NYC ) service include Fox Run Apartments, Princeton Meadows, Deer Creek Drive, George Davison Road, Aspen Apartments, Scotts Corner Road at Raven’s Crest, and Scotts Corner at the Gentry
- Wall Street service is offered at the NJ Turnpike Exit 8A park-and-ride lot
Taxi Operators registered with Plainsboro Township to provide service.
Senior Transportation Services
- Ride-Provide service is provided by the Greater Mercer Transportation Management Association (GMTMA) offered to any Plainsboro resident 65+ years old or any visually impaired adult
- Service area for Plainsboro residents is any destination in Plainsboro or in Mercer County
- Rides are subsidized by Princeton HealthCare Systems for patients and aides traveling to and from the new hospital in Plainsboro or any other Princeton HealthCare facility
Free Senior Transportation Service from Plainsboro to the University Medical Center at Princeton
The door-to-door service is designed to provide transportation for Plainsboro senior citizens to the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro and its related facilities. The free service will be available only from select locations within the township. Thanks to a donation received from Princeton Healthcare System, the usual Ride-Provide membership fee of $40 and the cost of the ride to the hospital ($13) have been waived during the pilot period. However, preregistration with the Ride-Provide office is required before a participant’s first trip.
Ride-Provide is a community-based non-profit transport service offered by Greater Mercer TMA for people 65+, as well as for visually-impaired adults. Using both volunteer and paid drivers, Ride-Provide delivers door-to-door transportation in the comfort of a private vehicle, Monday-Friday (subject to driver availability).
For additional information regarding the Plainsboro service locations and Medical Center destinations, program guidelines, registration, or to volunteer as a driver, contact Greater Mercer’s Ride-Provide Coordinator by calling 609-452-5144.