CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 VACCINATION, RESOURCE AND SCREENING INFORMATION
Information from the CDC concerning vaccinations can be found at Vaccines | CDC
Information from the NJ State Department of Health regarding vaccinations:
The State of New Jersey has launched the following site to pre-register for a vaccine when eligible in accordance with the phasing plan and also to schedule those who are determined to be immediately eligible: https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/ A new toll-free vaccination hotline is available to assist you with general questions about vaccines, identifying whether or not you are currently eligible for a vaccination, and to help you identify vaccination locations. The Covid-19 Vaccination Hotline is 855-568-0545.
For general information and other basic needs NJ-2-1-1 is available to all state residents. Simply dial 211 or text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts and updates. You may also visit the state’s COVID-19 website at https://covid19.nj.gov/
If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, visit https://nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf?lang=en-US for helpful information from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
If you are feeling ill and you are concerned that you or a loved one may have contracted Coronavirus/COVID-19, the CDC recommends that you call your doctor for guidance on medical screening. If you do not have a primary care physician, call the CDC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Hotline at (800) 962-1253 or (800) 222-1222 for screening information. For more information on what to do in the event of illness visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
Testing Locations - Middlesex County Health Department is the lead health agency for COVID-19 testing. Testing information, including sites and available sessions, can be found on the County website at http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/Government/Departments/PSH/Pages/COVID-19--Testing.aspx and http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/Government/Departments/PSH/Pages/2019-CoV.aspx
Small Business Loan/Grant Information - Middlesex County has created a Small Business Grant program to assist small businesses that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus. To learn more about the program and to see if your business is eligible visit http://www.middlesexcountynj.gov/Government/Departments/BDE/Pages/Small-Business-Relief-Grant-CDBG.aspx
CONFIRMED PLAINSBORO CASES OF CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
Plainsboro Township receives confirmed Coronavirus/COVID-19 case information from the lead health agency, the Middlesex County Health Department. For more information visit www.middlesexcountynj.gov/casecount
All municipal offices are currently open the public. Visitors are required to:
- Wear a mask throughout your visit
- Stay home and do not enter the building if you are feeling ill, caring for an acutely sick family member, come into contact with an acutely sick individual, or have COVID symptoms
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between other visitors and staff
- Remember that only one visitor is allowed at an office counter at any time
- Use hand sanitizer located throughout the building, if needed
- When possible, interactions with employees should be done via phone, email or by other virtual means. Offices may be conducting business by appointment only. It is recommended that you contact the office by email or by phone prior to coming to the building. A list of contact information for the various municipal offices, along with a list of their responsibilities can be accessed here https://www.plainsboronj.com/148/Departments
Recreation Programs/Food Pantry Operation - Recreation staff have been hard at work to bring you unique, accessible, and most importantly safe programming this Fall/Winter season. We have various offerings to meet your comfort level such as: in-person, virtual, or hybrid classes (a combination of in-person and virtual). Under the current guidelines, if you choose to register for an “in-person” class a mask must be worn during the class, as well as, any time you are inside the Recreation Center. Participant must practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart at all times. Additionally, your temperature will be scanned before being allowed to enter the center. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding and look forward to seeing you in the Fall/Winter. For a listing of our programs and updates, click here https://www.plainsboronj.com/603/Parks-and-Recreation
The Plainsboro Police Department continues to partner with the Department of Recreation and Community Services on distribution of food through the food pantry.
Park Facilities - All passive park areas (walking/biking paths and trails), including the Plainsboro Preserve, have opened to the public consistent with Governor Murphy’s Executive Order. We have begun a phased reopening of our active park areas where possible consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order. We ask anyone utilizing our parks to understand that:
- Parking is limited to 50% of maximum capacity. Parking is prohibited in undesignated areas
- Social distancing is required with the exception of immediate family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners
- Plainsboro Park tennis courts (for singles only) are open to the public. Please follow posted guidelines. Schalks Park tennis courts are closed until further notice
- The Dog Park is open to the public. Please follow posted guidelines.
- Playground areas are open to the public. Please follow posted guidelines.
- We are currently accepting picnic area permits. Social distancing is required with the exception of immediate family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners and masks are recommended. Gazebos remain closed.
- The Rush Holt Environmental Education Center at the Plainsboro Preserve is open to the public on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10:00am to 5:00pm and Sundays from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
Conservation/Recycle Center - The township conservation/recycle center is currently open to township residents on Saturdays from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Items accepted at the center include:
- Motor Oil
- Automobile Oil Filters
- Automobile Tires
- Automobile Batteries
The next bulk waste event is scheduled for April 3rd.
Property Taxes - In an effort to minimize personal contact and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, following are ways in which residents can make property tax payments:
You may visit us in person if absolutely necessary. Please wear a mask and observe all CDC guidelines for your safety and ours. No mask = No service
Plainsboro/Cranbury Municipal Court - Until further notice, Plainsboro-Cranbury Municipal court operations will take place via video or phone conference only. Court staff will provide notice and instruction to all defendants as to their required court appearance. Additionally, court fines can be paid on-line through the state website.
Vital Records - Requests for certified copies of vital records (birth/marriage/death) may be done online through the state website at https://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/order-vital/ or through our local Clerk’s Office. Local in-person hours are 8:30am to 2:30pm please contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or visit our website at www.plainsboronj.com for more information on local mail-in options. Contact the Township Clerk’s Office for any marriage license application submission inquiries.
Planning and Zoning - The Department of Planning and Zoning is open to the public and is processing Road Opening Permits and Tree Removal permits. Zoning matters regarding decks, sheds, and building additions can be addressed by calling the office at (609) 799-0909 ext. 1502. Applications are available on the Township’s website under Planning & Zoning and can be submitted electronically or in-person. The department’s webpage also contains the details on public meetings and hearings which are being held virtually, as per the remote public meeting Resolution adopted by the Planning Board. Thank you for your patience, if you have any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plainsboro Public Library - Plainsboro Library is currently offering daily curbside pickup from 10:00am to 4:30pm (Monday through Friday).
Please visit the Library website for complete details and instructions. We still encourage patrons to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks at eLibraryNJ, download magazines at RB Digital, watch films, documentaries, and Great Course classes at Kanopy.
Call the Information Desk Monday through Friday 10 AM – 5 PM at 609- 275-2898. Email any questions to email@example.com