State of Emergency (none at this time)
The New Jersey Regional Operations Intelligence Center has resumed Normal Operational Status Level 1: Normal Operations.
All municipal offices are open. All Department of Recreation and Community Services programs are back to normal schedule. The Plainsboro Public Library will open at 1:00 pm today.
Snow Clearing Efforts
The Plainsboro Township Department of Public Works staff worked around the clock through Friday, Saturday and Sunday and was back on the roads this morning at 5:00 am.
The focus today will be revisiting roads to move snow, open up all lanes, intersections, salting, and clearing sidewalks, bus shelters and municipal property.
Your patience is appreciated.
1. We are unable to give you an estimated time for when we will be in your neighborhood to clear the roads.
2. Unavoidably we will be plowing snow in front of your driveway.
3. Please remove your vehicle from the street.
4. When clearing your property, please do not place snow onto the roadway, this is a violation of the Township ordinance.
Snow clearing procedures:
• The Township clears main roads first and then moves into the neighborhoods to clear streets.
• This storm with high winds and drifting snow may require that we clear the main roads several times before we are able to move into the neighborhoods.
• The Township does not clear State roads Route One and Route One overpasses and ramps.
• The Township does not clear County roads including:
? Scudders Mill Road
? Dey Road (between Scudders Mill Road and the Township border with Cranbury)
? Schalks Crossing Road (between Scudders Mill Road and the Township border with South Brunswick)
Emergency Preparedness kits should include:
• Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days
• Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio
• Flashlight and extra batteries
• First aid kit
• Manual can opener for food
• Cell phone with chargers
Power Outages/Downed Wires
To report a power outage or a down wire please contact Public Service Electric & Gas at 1-800-436-PSEG.
Plainsboro Township Emergency ………...911
Plainsboro Police (non-emergency)......…. 609-799-2333
Plainsboro Department of Public Works….609-799-0099
Middlesex County Highway Department….732-940-3800
Municipal Emergency Alerts
To subscribe to emergency alerts or to update your subscription visit our CivicReady website at