The Plainsboro Township Police Department offers the following tips to insure a safe Halloween.
• Plan costumes that are bright and reflective.
• Secure emergency identification within Halloween attire.
• Mask can limit eyesight, consider non-toxic and hypoallergenic makeup.
• Purchase only flame resistant costumes, etc.
• Think twice before using simulated knives, guns or swords.
• Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
• Do not use candles.
• Plan and review with your children the route and behavior which is acceptable to you.
• Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should examine all treats.
• Throw away any spoiled and unwrapped items.
• Report all suspicious items to the police.