The Detective Bureau is currently staffed by three detectives responsible for conducting all follow up investigation of reported incidents. Any crimes reported are reviewed by the Detective Bureau sergeant and assigned to a detective for follow up based on several. Detectives receive extensive training in several areas including:
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Fingerprinting & Identification
- Interview & Interrogation
- Forensics and Narcotics Enforcement
- In addition, the detectives encourage the sharing of information with members of the public. Many investigations are initiated as well as solved through this type of cooperative effort. Detectives are available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. At all at other times, detectives are available "on-call" to respond as needed.
Anyone with information relating to criminal activity within the Township is urged to contact us at (609) 454-4900.
The Plainsboro Township Police Department operates a Juvenile Bureau as a function of its Detective Division. The Juvenile Bureau follows up on all offenses that need investigation and have been committed by persons under the age of 18 years old. This office also follows up on all offenses committed within the West Windsor/Plainsboro School System.