Plainsboro Recreation Activities & Events
- Family Fun Night - Saturday, April 13th, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm: Get the family together, grab your friends and neighbors, and head for some fun at the Recreation & Cultural Center. Enjoy time playing various board games, Bingo, and Wii games!
- Centennial Stream Cleanup: Saturday, April 13th, 9 - 11 a.m. Check in & lite breakfast @ 8:30 a.m. Celebrate Earth Month by helping us keep our streams healthy as we clean up areas around town such as: Dey Road, Plainsboro Preserve, Millstone Park and Cranbury Brook along the Lenape Trail. Individuals, families and groups welcome. For group registration please call 609-799-0909 ext. 1719. This program is in conjunction with the Plainsboro Environmental Advisory Committee, Public Works Department and Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association. Please wear boots or shoes that can get wet. Gloves will be provided but feel free to bring your own. Continental breakfast will be provided. Don't forget your water bottle. Meet at the Recreation & Cultural Center in the Novo Nordisk Fitness and Activity Room. To volunteer sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084ea9ab2ca7f49-2019
- Centennial Arbor Day-Thursday, April 18th 9:30 AM OR 10:20 AM (2 times to choose from). Come to the Plainsboro Municipal Grounds to learn the history of Arbor Day, hear remarks from Mayor Peter Cantu, see the Centennial tree and plaque unveiling, and listen to an Organic tree fertilization lecture & more!
- TRIP - Hershey Park Family Bus Trip – Friday, April 19. Families can enjoy a day of play at Hershey Park! Enjoy rides and entertainment in the park, tour Hershey's Chocolate World, visit ZooAmerica, hop on Hershey Trolley Works, or take a shuttle bus to The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue. Something for everyone! Minimal charge for bus seat. Participants are responsible for purchasing own tickets from Hershey's website or in person once we arrive. Bus will leave Plainsboro Municipal Complex at 8 am. Bus will depart Hershey Park at 7 pm. Bus fee: $10.00 per person (resident); $15.00 per person (non-resident)
- MOVIE DAY– The Secret Life of Pets – Wednesday, April 24, 1:00 pm. What do your pets do when you're not home? This movie answers that question! When their owners leave for the day, pets from the building gossip with their friends, satisfy their sweet tooth, and throw outrageous parties. But when a pampered terrier and his unruly new 'roommate' from the pound get lost in the urban jungle of New York City, they must put aside their differences to survive the epic journey back home. Parent supervision is required. Not a drop-off program. FREE Program. Registration required.
- CAMP DAY – Thursday, April 25, 10:00 am -1:00 pm. Join our Summer Lenape Day Camp teachers for a day of activities. Play fitness games, participate in a science experiment, and make a craft in our art class. All activities are typical of our summer camp. Come see what Summer Camp 2019 will be like! $5.00 per child. Registration required.
- SHOW…Eyes of the Wild - Mammal Mania! – Friday, April 26, 1:00 pm. Mammals from around the world will be featured in this program. Behaviors, habitats, adaptations, survival strategies and relationships with humans will be introduced. This program focuses on behavior and adaptation using the life stories of each unique animal, their often humorous personality, fun facts, anecdotes and animal eye-views as instruction. Open to all ages. Parent supervision is required. Not a drop-off program. FREE Program. Registration required.
- Founders Day: Sunday, May 5th on the Plainsboro Municipal Grounds Join us as we celebrate Plainsboro becoming an independent municipality. The event will kick off at 12:30 PM with a parade from Edgemere Avenue to the Municipal Grounds. All activities are free. Event parking is available at the Enterprise Business Center. The event will feature amusement rides, super inflatables, crafts, food for purchase and more. In addition to all the festivities, we will also have an official ribbon cutting ceremony to commemorate the grand re-opening and dedication of the historic John Van Buren Wicoff House. We hope to see you there! The Municipal Grounds are located at 641 Plainsboro Road Plainsboro, NJ 08536.
Address: 641 Plainsboro Road, Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Phone: 609-799-0909 x1719
Centennial Website: http://www.centennial2019.com/