Junior Science Olympiad Camp
- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 4-6 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Location: Community Middle School
- July 8 - July 12
- Half Day - 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- Full Day - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Staff: Kevin Mackenzie, 6th Grade Science Teacher and Community Middle School Science Olympiad Coach; Lisa Sacca, 8th Grade Science Teacher and Community Middle School Science Olympiad Coach; former members of the Community Middle School Science Olympiad Team and members of the WWP High School North and South Science Olympiad Teams.
- Half Day - $200
- Full Day - $360
- Residency: Open to residents of West Windsor or Plainsboro and children of Plainsboro based business employees. Proof may be required. Open to Non-Residents after May 15th.
DESCRIPTIONWithin every child is a vast curiosity for the world around them and how it functions. The Junior Science Olympiad Summer Camp strives to trigger that curiosity and develop better appreciation and understanding of this world. Whether your child has been deeply interest in science or just wants to learn more, this camp offers campers experience and exploration in all domains of science - including earth/space science, natural science (life and environmental), physical science (chemistry and physics), and engineering. The camp is modeled after the National Science Olympiad Program goals. The will be instruction in a variety of science topics like those associated with the Middle School Science Olympiad Program. Through an inquiry-based and in-depth hand-on/minds-on approach, campers will learn and apply content, plan and carry-out science investigations, and design engineering tasks. They will also have the chance to compete and experience what real Science Olympiad tests are like. It is a great opportunity for students going into 4th, 5th, and 6th grade (6th graders participating in the 2-week Science Olympiad Camp in July will benefit from this camp as well!). Half Day campers will take 2 classes. Full day campers will take 4 classes.
Registration for this camp will be done directly with Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.
Pre and Post Camp are also available at Community Middle School through WWP Community Education for an additional fee. Science Olympiad Camp staff members will sign the children in and out with Pre & Post Camp staff.
Registration for Pre and/or Post Camp is done directly with WWP Community Education.
Financial Assistance is available for qualified families. For more information and to register for the program please visit Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER