Math & Problem Solving Academy
- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 5-8 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Location: Community Middle School
- Dates: July 29 - August 9
- Half Day: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Full Day: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Staff: Erin Suozzo, 8th Grade Math Teacher and Community Middle School MathCounts Coach of the 2016 National 4th Place Team; Lisa Sacca, 8th Grade Science Teacher and Community Middle School Science Olympiad Coach; former members of the State Champion MathCounts Team and National Competitors.
- Half Day: $360
- Full Day: $620
- Residency: Open to residents of West Windsor or Plainsboro and children of Plainsboro based business employees. Proof may be required. Open to Non-Residents after May 15th.
The summer Math and Problem Solving Academy, is an excellent opportunity for upper elementary and middle school students (rising grades 5-8) to practice and advance their math skills and also learn ways to apply these concepts in various types of problem solving. The courses include middle and secondary topics including arithmetic, numeracy, ratios and proportions, linear equations, systems, coordinate geometry, probability, number theory, etc. Half day campers will take two courses (one each week). Full day campers will take four classes (two each week).
This camp program provides students with exposure to and practice with these mathematical topics, as well as an opportunity to participate in a mock competition such as those associated with programs like MathCounts, Continental Math League, and American Mathematics Competitions.
Materials are made appropriate for multiple levels of mathematical experience and will be available for students beyond the duration of the camp. Students will be expected to participate in daily lessons and competitions, which may be enriched by additional at-home practice.
Instructors are current math and science teachers and former members of the state champion and nationally ranked MathCounts team from Community Middle School.
Registration for this camp will be done directly with Plainsboro Academic Camps LLC.
Pre Camp and post camp (full day campers only) are available at Community Middle School through WWP Community Education for an additional fee. MathCounts Camp staff members will sign campers in and out with Community Education staff for the Pre and Post Camp. Registration for Pre and/or Post Camp is done directly with WWP Community Education.
Financial Assistance is available for qualified families. For more information and to register for the program please visit Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.