- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 6-9 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Location: Online
- Session I July 26 - July 30 (weekdays only)
- Session II: Aug 2 - Aug 6 (weekdays only)
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. OR 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Campers may register for both sessions.
- Staff: Erin Suozzo and Stephanie Hornick. The Director of the camp is Lisa Sacca.
- Fee: $250.00 per session
- Residency: Open to residents of Plainsboro or West Windsor as well as children of Plainsboro based business employees. Non-residents can register after May 15th. Registering ineligible children will result in removal from the program and no refund.
Summer Math and Problem Solving Academy, known as Math Camp, is provided by Plainsboro Department of Recreation and Community Services and Plainsboro Academic Camps LLC. Due to the pandemic, this year’s camp will be offered online only. The Academy is an excellent opportunity for rising and current middle school students to practice and advance their math skills in pre-algebra, algebra, competition math and mixed topics and also learn ways to apply these concepts in various types of problem-solving. Materials are made appropriate for multiple levels of mathematical experience and will be available for students beyond the duration of the camp. Students will be expected to participate in daily lessons and competitions, which may be enriched by additional at-home practice.
Four options will be offered for this 2 week summer session for rising 6th through rising 9th graders. Sessions will be half-day morning classes (9am -12pm) and half-day afternoon classes (1pm-4pm). Each course will run for 3 hours with built in instruction, lesson practice, games, and short breaks.
Directors are current math and science teachers and Instructors are former members of the state champion and nationally ranked MathCounts team from Community Middle School and Thomas Grover Middle School.
Financial Assistance is available for qualified families. For more information and to register for the program please visit Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.