Dog Park Rules
- Use of the dog park is at 1’s own risk. Owners are fully responsible legally and financially for injuries or damages caused by their pets.
- Open sunrise to sunset. Times may be adjusted or the dog park may be closed by the Township if conditions warrant such change.
- Dogs must be over the age of 6 months, and must be healthy, vaccinated, legally licensed, and wearing dog tags.
- Not permitted:
- Aggressive dogs
- Dogs under 6 months
- Dogs with parasites
- Female dogs in heat
- Sick dogs
- No other types of animals are permitted within dog park.
- No food or glass containers are permitted within the fenced area. no smoking within the fenced area.
- Owners are permitted a maximum of 2 dogs per adult each visit. Owners under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older while inside fenced area.
- Dogs must be leashed until after entering and prior to leaving the fenced area of the dog park.
- Adults must supervise and maintain control over pets at all times. Dogs may not be left unattended nor may any animal be leashed to fencing or other park structure. Owners must immediately remove threatening or aggressive dogs, as well as dogs displaying mounting behavior.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets and properly disposing of waste. Digging is not permitted and owners are responsible for filling holes created by their pets.
- Owners are responsible for compliance with all other park rules as governed under Chapter 25 of the Township Code.
- Regulations are enforceable by any police officer, animal control officer, park ranger, or other code enforcement official. Violators are subject to summonses, fines, or removal from park.